Veteran Students

腦瞳憫 is a military-friendly Texas State University outside of Houston.

Discover What 腦瞳憫 Can Do For You

腦瞳憫 has the programs and people in place to help you pursue your goals. The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) is dedicated to assisting veterans and dependents of veterans with the transition into university life.

Additionally, veteran students receive unprecedented support from VetSuccess on Campus, a collaboration between 腦瞳憫, the VA, and Vet Center personnel in order to better serve the men and women who have honorably served our country.

Apply for Admission to a Degree Program

The same application is used for admission to a bachelor’s degree program or master’s degree program with on-campus or online classes.

1. Apply to 腦瞳憫

Complete an online application and pay the $50 non-refundable application fee.

Alternatively, you may pay later by mailing a check (address below) or pay through the 腦瞳憫 Self Service Center.

2. Send transcripts to 腦瞳憫

Send applicable transcripts (college/university transcripts and military transcripts).

  • Mail official college transcripts to:
    Undergraduate Admissions Office
    Box 2418
    Huntsville TX 77341-2418
  • Or send electronic official college transcripts to 腦瞳憫 (code: 003606).
  • Please note that the Undergraduate Admissions Office does not accept fax or emailed college transcripts.

3. Apply with the VA

Visit to learn which benefit you are eligible to receive and to complete the Veterans Online Application for GI Bill簧 benefits.

GI Bill簧 is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at .

  • If the VA finds you eligible, they will mail you a “Certificate of Eligibility” or an “Award Letter” with information about your benefit. Please contact the Veterans Resource Center at 936-294-1046 to learn how to submit your Certificate of Eligibility on the MySam Portal.

4. Review benefits and procedures

Learn more about the policies and procedures for requesting and processing your GI Bill簧 benefit and/or Hazlewood Exemption.

Financial Aid Benefits

For tuition assistance programs, service members should begin the process by contacting their education advisors or ESOs or seek approval from installation commanders.

5. Talk with an advisor

It's important for students using military/veteran education benefits to discuss course plans with an advisor prior to enrolling. The advisors will assist you with your degree plan and ensure your classes are eligible for benefits.

Contact the SAM Center to schedule an appointment with an advisor >>

6. Complete the "Request for Certification" form

Please contact the Veterans Resource Center at 936-294-1046 once you have applied, been accepted, advised and are registered for classes. The VRC will put links on your MySam Portal where you will submit your request form and documents. Emailed, faxed and paper documents and forms are no longer accepted.

  • You must do this every semester and complete a separate request for summer, if applicable.

Transfer on Military Credits

Eligible veteran students may be automatically accepted if they meet the following requirements:

  • Graduated from an accredited public or private high school
  • Completed at least two years of active duty in the armed forces
  • Honorably discharged from the US armed forces
  • Has no college credit or has less than 12 hour

If you meet the requirements please complete the Military Service Credit Request (HB 269). Please email the completed form to

Application Deadlines for Undergraduate Applicants

  • Fall: August 1
  • Spring: December 1
  • Summer: May 15